Impee no longer showing on planner

Ok, so the config chip looks fine and the server is also booting it fine. I’m suspicious that it has appeared off screen in your planner - have you tried scrolling about a bit looking for it?

Yes, I had thought this might be the case as well. I have scrolled about the planner for a few minutes, and unless it is VERY far away from the center, it doesn’t appear to be showing up still…

It also does not show up in the “Impees” tab in the planner. I would assume that if it were somewhere off screen in the planner, it would also show up in the Impees tab as well?

Can you go to the code tab, and comment out all of the firmware for that impee apart from the “imp.configure” line, then try again?

It would appear that your firmware is never getting to the imp.configure line - or maybe there isn’t one in your file - which would explain your problems. If you have a while(1) or similar in there, this is what you’d see.

If imp.configure is not called, the device does not appear on the planner. There’s a regression on our side in that devices that don’t call imp.configure should timeout and appear as “unconfigured” but they’re not doing that any more… so we’re fixing that.

Thanks Hugo, that solved the problem. I did have a while(1) in there.

For some reason, I was under the impression that the imp.configure should come at the very end of the firmware code. Is there a reason why it should not always come near the beginning of the code?

Generally you declare it after you have defined the input and output handlers, but before you do any serious work. In many of the examples, all the work is in the handlers so the imp.configure is at the end.

Obviously, the code execution has to actually get there at some point… while(1)'s before the imp.configure are suboptimal for this :slight_smile:

I am having the same issue. Everything was just working fine until I accidentally deleted the default node from planner. Then I unplugged and re-plugged the imp into april board - but no result. Here’s a video with screencast showing my imp blinking several times between red and green, and then stopped blinking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKpzr_O5tmk I did a ping to 192.168.1.7, which is the imp. And it worked, that means the imp is connected to my WiFi network. But, I’m not sure if it is connected to imp-cloud or not. Please, advise how can I the imp working again, and see it on planner?

@reefat - I believe you found the bug in your code?

hello there, i have an imp with mac 0c2a6900131b and i was able to see it in the planner up until yesterday when there were outages. after that i cannot see it anymore. It flashes orange red twice then green and stays off but i cannot see it in the planner (yes tried to look for it ±2000 pixels allover) and i cannot see it in the impees section, any help will be appreciated! thanks! (btw i tried 2 different wifi networks… same results)

nevermind, i was able to delete the last code and then i deleted the settings with blinkm and now it works again.

I’m having the same issue. I tried re-flashing and did the power-cycle. I also connected to different networks. The green flashing light tells me that it’s connected to the router, what is more it sends data to Cosm but it doesn’t show up in the planner or the impees section. I even ‘looked’ around the screen though the space around it is tiny.

Alkopop,
How many programs do you have in your code firmware list?
Always keep at least one there … like the “hello world” program. Even if you never use it.

@alkopop sure it’s on the same account? Tried logging out of blinkup/back in and checking?

The other thing is to ensure the code is doing an imp.configure… but I would suspect it is if it’s logging to cosm ok!

I have around six of them there, the ‘hello world’ being the first one.

I did try logging out. Not sure what the imp.configure is… I’ve read about it in other topics but have no idea what it is. where and what is it?

imp.configure() is the command in your code which makes the device appear on the planner?

Found it but what about it? It seems to me that’s the last variable since I’ve tried everything already. What to do with it to get the Imp back in the planner?

Please help, I’m desperate to get my April back in the planner!

Also tried commenting out all the lines except the imp.configure ones. Didn’t help. I’ve run out of ideas.

Lied, it did help… Thanks for the help!

After carefully studying the API reference and the examples I managed to write my own firmware from the scratch and connect it to Cosm! Connecting stuff the Internet has never been easier!