Impee no longer showing on planner

hi, my impee does not appear on the planner after a power off. So i tried deleting the node. Now the imp does not seems to be commissioned anymore. Thanks. Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

@blufss This sounds very much like you have a bug in your code before it is getting to the imp.configure() line, which is what makes it appear in the planner.

Go to the code tab and replace your code with just imp.configure(“blank”, [],[]); then plug the imp in again. It should reappear.

…then look at your code and look for things like infinite loops, not calling imp.configure, etc.

@hugo thanks for the update. Just to check with you, the unique id of each impee is identified by the impee or encryption chip?

The impee ID is defined by the “encryption chip” (the ATSHA204, which we’re mostly just treating as a unique-ID chip, without using much of the encryption stuff) which is in each impee. Except when using solder-down modules, that is: with modules, there’s no need for a unique-ID chip (as modules don’t move from impee to impee) and an internal ID of the module is used instead.

Peter

@peter Thanks!

Hello,
I’m having a similar problem with Impees showing on the planner.
I have one account that is showing up the Impee on the planner (OK).
I repeat the same process with a second account, but it is not showing the Impee on the planner. When I blink-up the imp, it pulses green and alternates with fast red flashes. Under Impees, on the planner, it says “You have no impees. You should make some.”.

Any ideas?

Got a similar problem The imp is working fine since i tried it with another board. Some clues is
I downloaded some not to clever code to the imp and after that i disapered from the planer put the id still shows in the impees list.
I think a “fix” is to add some means of resetting the impees list to nil.

See my may28 comment above. The “fix” is to remove the error from your code, and then it will work fine.

The impee won’t disappear from the planner unless you delete it manually - but then, if it’s running code with an error in it, it won’t reappear (depends on if it gets to the imp.configure() line before it crashes).