Hannah's delay

Ah sorry didn’t really pay attention to the version number as I just copied and pasted the URL’s from the info on the smartmaker Hannah page (which was now obviously the previous release)

Data sheets are available for all the sensors and if you can publish the PCB files and at some point the schematics then it wont be hard to see the changes and adjust accordingly.

All good stuff!
So it sounds like they got through QC/QA so The BIG question, Dimitri is… Are all our Hannah’s going to be shipping out today??

Also can you put a photo up of the finished board?

I have seen the LIS3DH deployed in a couple of boards recently, its a pretty fancy little sensor, I look forward to having a play with it hooked up to a WiFi device like the Imp, it could prove to be quite a valuable tool for testing ideas using that sensor connected remotely via an Impee to the IoT for all kinds of data logging/recording and live feedback. Its something I will be using and looking at including on a couple of projects I have in mind (One with an Imp and another using a more localized wireless system.

Anyway, please put us out of our misery and anxious waiting and tell us if shipping is a go?

@Dimitri

Unfortunately you seem to not really pay much attention to what we write here and even less to what is sent to you over SmartMaker website.

I still believe your intentions are good.

Let’s be honest and simple.

As today I still have not received any reply from the contacts made on the website I whant to be clear about my desire:

• Disregard the express delivery. It was important long ago;
  • Refund me the express delivery;
  • Deliver the 2 Hannas whem they are good to go.

Thank very much,

Nelson

@nrsf,

Nelson, I believe I’ve wrote you already that the reason your ticket is still pending is simply because the girls from the customer care escalated to me the issue and I didn’t have time yet to deal with that.

I have very clear the point and your request is going to be taken care in the next hours, when the package will be prepared. It’s easier to do everything at the same time, with the workload we have at this time.

So, again, don’t worry because all your requests are clear.

Thanks,

Dimitri

P.S. hope you are aware that it can take over 30 days for the airmail to be delivered in your Country.

Ok, all confusions aside, when will those boards supposed to be delivered, when sending to Europe??

As far as I know the boards are shipping any time in the next 12 hours (as its tomorrow morning already in China).

I think…
All packages for Euro buyers get shipped as one big package to the Italy warehouse/office where they then get sent out individually to where ever we are (in my case the UK).
All US/CAN orders get shipped in the same way to Florida and then separate and head off through USPS.
Everywhere else (Asia, Australia, NZ, and other countries on the Pacific get shipped direct from the China Office (Where I think Dimitri is currently to over see the dispatch) and get shipped through the China Post Office via normal Airmail.

I think thats right. If you look at your order on the smartmaker site it should say “Assigned to Warehouse (EU/US/ASIA)” which are their 3 office and warehouse locations.

@nrsf : I think we ALL know your request by now. Refunds and changes to orders are a pain in the backside especally when you have a stack of Hannahs going out as well as the kickstarter smartmaker stuff that is also getting shipped.

WOW! OVER 30 days to Brazil!!! No wonder you went express shipping. China Post to UK is 10-30days but normally takes about 10-14 as long as its not Chinese new year or May celebrations. I imagine its a little quicker using warehouses to cover Europe and the US/Can

Please post photos of lots of lovely new Hannahs!!

thanks, but I figured this out myself.
I want an answer from Dimitri as direct communiction answers look like to have a long delay.
Finaly…
It’s just a general question

@DolfTraanberg, the materials are already on the way to the warehouses in Italy and USA. The shipments for Europe to the final destination, unless delays due to the Custom’s clearance, are programmed to be assigned to DHL on Thursday and will be on delivery between Friday and next Monday, according to the destination.

Because the delay, we had upgraded all the orders to North America and Europe to be fulfilled by our local warehouses. Please note that these products were supposed to ship from the warehouse in China by Hong Kong registered mail. We are actually loosing money shipping from the European warehouse with DHL, but at this time what we care is to have everyone happy.

About the delay in communication, please note that I’m based for about 90% of my time in China, that’s on GMT+8 time zone. So 6-7 hours ahead on the clock compared to Europe and 12-15 hours of difference with the North America.

While you are working I’m probably sleeping, and vice versa.

Dimitri

@Vimes79, you are more efficient that my staff at customer care… LoL

Thanks for helping :slight_smile:

Anyway I confirm everything… I promise today (or tonight) I will take the time to make the photo shooting of the new Hannah. I attach here some pic that I’ve took few days ago in the factory. These are raw pics I’ve took with the cellphone so nothing to wow about.

Oh, btw, yes it’s morning now in China, 5am.

Dimitri

@nrsf, @Vimes79,

ship electronics to Brazil is a pain in the *** :frowning:

As Brazil apply custom’s duties up to 100% to most of the electronics, the custom’s clearance of most of the packages sent to the Country takes ages. It’s a similar problem with Italy, but there the inefficiency of the Italian Post is the cause of the long delays.

This is why if you browse on eBay the cheap offers from Chinese sellers, most of the time you will find a note that says they ship anywhere in the world but Italy and Brazil, as these two Countries are infinite sources of bad feedbacks for the long delays with shipments.

We actually use Hong Kong Post and not China Post. It’s a bit more expensive but more efficient and offers better tracking.

Unfortunately at this time the South America can be served only from Hong Kong, as the shipping costs from USA are too high. We have a marketing plan for resellers starting this weekand we hope to find soon someone that’s willing to stock the products locally. This will be a huge benefit for the makers.

Dimitri

Dimitri… You sir are a star!!!

Love the news and updates, the confirmation about the shipping and your generosity by upgrading the shipping and of course those photos of loads of beautiful Hannahs, Its been almost a year since I discovered Electric Imp, Purchased my 1st along with a Sparkfun shield and started to get to know the system. It wasnt long before I spotted Hannah and realised it was the solution to prototyping alot of ideas without having to build circuits over and over… But alas I was too late and had missed the official batch, I have been waiting since to get one and now its finally happening!!

Heres what im going to do,

1. As soon as my Hannah arrives I will do a full unboxing and put a link up to my write up and video/pics. You can then use it as proof/ammunition against the morons giving you greif on kickstarter if you want to show that products are moving and moving efficiently.

2. When im paid next I am going to order one of your smartmaker Imp shields (if you have some left by then) AND 2 of the Open System Tinkerer kits, One for me and another for the local school where myself and a couple of my ex co-workers run after school electronics and programming clubs (For Ages 11-17). We currently use some old Uno’s and demos are done with my own gear (which I get very nervous about when they get a bit carried away with ideas). I think Smartmaker Open System is a great tool for education for building and taking down circuits over and over and more advanced stuff far easier with just the programming to really handle which is Arduino and these kids know it well (some better than me) with the add on boards and such.

3. My new website AtHashtag.co.uk is launching in 6 days time! I cant give too much away BUT we have a review section and we will review Hannah as an unboxing and basic tasks review as soon as she arrives then once we have an Open System kit we will do a full review and will also (if you would like us to) run a side bar advert for SmartMaker along with the 2 other companies (inc another kickstarter product).

4. Finally, Once you have cleared that huge back log of KS orders, I will buy a bunch of Open System kit and build a fairly complicated but unique project which I allready have in mind that is made much faster with Open System and keeps it neater. I will do a full photo and write up with step by step guide on how to build it with Smartmaker’s Open System and include the code. I will publish on my own site with links to the BoS and also get it on the numerous forums I am a heavy poster on AND will even put it up on the Instructables site!

Thank you Dimitri, it is 1am and I am very happy and it is 100% down to YOU for keeping your word and promises. You have earned alot of respect from me and others for working your ass off getting these to us and it really is appreciated more than you know!
Top Man!
Cheers!

@Dimitri, What are the PCB’s that are Green the same as Hannah but smaller with a curved top? Are those the Backpack boards for the Solder Down 002’s???

Do you manufacture in-house or do you just make use of one of the local printers? Like wise for SMD’s, do you have your own pick and place and reflow setup?
If so we may need to talk later this year once your Kickstarter is finished as I have my own planned… We are going into our very first Alpha tests on PCB for the first time this week!!! From recent activity on crowd funding sites we have noticed a gap in the market for Europe especially and we intend to jam our project in there, push a few smaller ventures out of the way or get them onboard with us as they are having an awful job of trying to do what we want to but we have a secret weapon…

Keep an eye once the @# (At Hashtag) site is up and settled, its defiantly a product you will like and totally compatible for full integration with your Open System a with the addition of a smart bus plug socket thing attached in place of some pins…
We are also looking at a wireless version and the Electric Imp is in the group of about 5 products and systems that we could achieve that version with.

We are VERY excited as we saw another company try it. get a good amount from a month long KS run which finished 600% over the goal but they did fail due to price point. If we can secure some good rates for machine use, a building to work,eat and occasionally sleep in for 3-4 weeks (Team of 3) and also a small group of local machine operators, solder and bonding technicians (injection molding would also be usefull) and some bodies for un-skilled simple work to flash the main IC’s and also for doing a 1st visual check of the board and its joints etc as well as checking each plastic casing for issues on the top tier reward and finally a Clean (ish) room to use as a Lab for last minute testing and trouble shooting then QA and Testing then can be opened up and and used finally for Sealing the units in ESP bags and picking and packing space then either ship out in batches using DHL Global Express or possibly the HK postal system (For non US and UK orders).

It is just a single item with 3 options which are some simple differences - (so the whole run SHOULD be a fast turn around with 90% of the work done in China in a 3-4 week production run then we will be seeing these flying out the door as we can release our version which has more features and interactivity at less than half of what the last people who tried but their costs were too high and they added a bunch of un-realistic Stretch Goals for it that meant the design of the main board went from a single board which could be configured to 3 setups by using different sets of parts to being 3 compleatly different boards all needing different parts costing about 40% over the price of printing a single design with the spare pads and headers for the higher spec models.

They ran out of money halfway through production as they were too proud to send it to China and wanted an all American Brand so paid premium prices having the gear manufactured stateside. In the end they were only just able to send out the basic setup of the board to all backers with the people in the top tier getting a cheaply made version that was hand soldered and had several faults that required jump leads or some work with a conductive ink pen…
It was an Epic fail!

We intend on doing the job right, sourcing our parts and boards in China or Hong Kong and also doing all the production over there to cover the backers rewards and then another 20-30% of stock to distribute to a couple of online retailers we know and of course through our own store after the original orders go out.
We should talk once your current life/work calms down. I know you have experience as a negotiator and middle man (I read your LinkedIn page).

Thanks Dimitri,
looking foreward to this promise…

What are these in the background??? New Imp002 backpack breakouts??

He’s Using DHL which are by far the best shipping company for large items like the stock going from China to Italy/US (Their Global Express service is great for companies who need to move ALOT of small items so the boxes only take up a 1/3 of a pallet then they will fit other packages on the same pallet to fo to one of their 5 Main distribution centers where the boxes are unpacked (pre labeled by sender) they add their labels and barcodes then ship All UK deliveries to Leeds where they are sorted and sent to local offices for delivery on the daily runs,

It sounds complicated but its an awesome system and they manage it so well with timings. You can see where your package is for its whole trip if the sender gives you the Global Express number and once on the Main DHL system it selects the day it will be available and at 7am that day you get an email and text message that gives you a delivery window of one hour and will update you as soon as the tracking system thinks there will be a delay or change of ETA.

I think Dinitri has done so much getting this gear shipped that its unlikely he will botch it on the last step of the orders.

@Vimes79,

that small PCBs that you saw are not related to our direct production. That are actually board of car video recorders, a very popular product in Russia.

We control a % share of the assembling factory, where are running two complete lines of ultra high speed pick&place with capacity of 250 reels each and 5 sewing machines for bonding.

The workshop can handle up to 10,000 man hours a month for finishing, QC/QA, etc.

Actually the long time for the production of Hannah was spent doing engineering, the real manufacturing time including assembling and testing is just about a couple of days.

Dimitri

@DolfTraanberg, @Vimes79,

it’s about 7 years now the we move things from China, where I live since 2005.

We got experience and we are well organized in this kind of logistics. The experience is what make me always use: “should”. Anything can happen with good moving around the world. Bad weather, a Custom’s officer that has nothing to do and choose to spend the time opening one by one all your boxes and so on.

If the timing it will be the usual, Thursday’s morning around 11AM DHL will drop the stuff at our warehouse, where they are ready to open, put together the orders adding the materials that are there already (for example we always have stock of imp001 in all the locations), pack and get ready for the pick up at 5PM the same day.

If anything goes wrong, well maybe will be the next day. You can imagine but never be sure. Anyway when they give the package to DHL you will get an automatic e-mail.

Dimitri

Thanks Dimitri,
Allthough it is nice to hear the delivery date is near, it was not the most important issue.
It was the situation of “not knowing”.
For a long time it could be tomorrow, but it also could be the next couple of months
You cleared this up now, so thanks again

Has anyone else here had an email from Smart Maker saying “Your order has been changed by the merchant”?

I cant see anything on there thats different and its still just marked as being assigned to a warehouse in Europe.

@Vimes79

I do have!
They added USB cables…
Check the items section for something like:
ACCEC005 USB A to Mini cable 150cm / 5ft 2 US$0.00 US$0.00

Cheers

Thanks Dimitri,
You made me happy with your last E-mail