IDE not working?

Just noticed code editing/running has empty screen - using Chrome.
Went to the code page selecting existing IMP Edit link from blueprint.

It’s account related or global?

TY

Same here.

Ok, If you go to your account “settings” and update to the beta IDE it should be corrected

Ok, If you go to your account "settings" and update to the beta IDE it should be corrected

worked for me. Any reason why this was necessary? Did the beta setting get cleared somehow?

edit: looks like they added some cool features. side by side editing and tab settings. cool

its not working here.

With chrome dont work ( i can’t loggin), but using safari works perfect.

You may have seen caching issues, we were switching some things to load balancers and there was some IDE/API downtime which we were hoping to avoid. It should all be fine with chrome and ide.electricimp.com now.

Have no Logs with Crome.

Hans

No logs here as well

How about now on ide.electricimp.com? I’m still seeing this work for me.

I’m using Chrome and have Cleared Browser Data, start/stopped, etc, and still no logs. Been about 24hrs since I last saw logs.

Well, would you believe it… It just sprung into life… all I had to do was talk about the log file behind its back. :expressionless:

I was mistaken, the log window/trace is running, but anywhere from 3-10 mins behind realtime.

Sorry, i still have no logs. Any idea?

@hdkuebler - we’re testing a fix right now. In the meantime, try closing and reopening your browser. That appears to fix the issue in the meantime.

That appears to fix the issue in the meantime.
Not for me

For your following up: Chrome did logging but always with 10min-3h behind :-/
Nevertheless i like the new IDE.

Maybe my logging has to less traffic.

Neither Build and Run for code push or Log are working here from either IDE or PLAN URL variants.

it did work for me until a few minutes ago, now the log is empty again

Again, are you on ide.electricimp.com and which browser?