Budweiser Red Light time out

Hi guys, I’m having problems again. First off, my IPad’s screen cracked, so I had to buy a new iPad. I am trying to set up the light with my new iPad, but I keep getting the timing out screen that I originally got back in July. The imp card on the light is blinking green. I had backed everything up my old iPad, so when I loaded the apps back onto the new iPad. I clicked unlink on the screen, because the light was not working with my iPad. Do you guys have any suggestions?

MrWirght, use this link to create an account in the Canadian App Store.

Never mind guys, I got it working again.

Thank guys. I will see what I can do!!

OK. Life is good!! I have the app and have programmed the light.
I have several of these and will be programming them for different locations. How do I go about that? Once programmed, the app looks like only is working for this one light. I must be missing something…

OK, life is bad…Went to test the light through the app. No joy. I have repaired the light several times and get all of the appropriate messages. I just get no result. The pairing goes well, but when I try to test the light, nothing happens. The app tells me that I should be getting a positive result. I have turned the light off and on, but still no joy. I have unpaired and started all over again with the same result. Flashing green light on the IMP card, but no activation. Is this in the server somewhere? It seems that “everything looks good leaving here”, but no activation. Any suggestions?

It sounds like the imp side of things are working great (if it’s blinking green it means the imp is connected, and working as expected).

You should try contacting Budweiser’s support to seek further assistance - they might have some more information. (The contact info for Bud support should have shipped with your light)

I have my light configured, everything checks out, except nothing happens when i ‘test the light’ from the app. The imp seems to have configured correctly as I get the successful confirmation that it is online… I get the the slow green blink after the ipad-blink portion… On off/on goes the imp goes red - orange - green on boot.
I undestand it won’t light up during games before oct. 1st… But shouldn’t the light-test from the app light it up regardless of date/time?

It should, maybe retest now? There have been pre-season checks going on.

What hours and days are those checks running. I noticed that my light isn’t “going to sleep” like it was last season and is registered on my wifi network.

Later on today I couldn’t do a sync to the light (but that may have been a battery problem, I’m obtaining new batteries tomorrow to see if that resolves it.

Generally the tests are generally run in the morning; the light won’t make any noise or light, but participates in testing to ensure that during the vast network of red lights work well. The lights are usually put back to sleep after a test.

Have you heard of any iOS 7 related comparability issues. I was unable to blinkup with my new 5S and my iPad 2 running iOS 7, but was successful on an old 3GS running 6.1.2.

Not tried the budweiser app, but not had any issues with iOS7 beta and an iphone 5 and the imp app. WIll try the 5S tomorrow when I get mine :slight_smile:

We do have a new imp app in the iOS7 style, but it doesn’t change the blinkup procedure.

I connected my light using samsung galazy 3 and connected fine first time but then I went back to change cities and when I go through process step 4 keeps timing out. Why can I not correct the cities I want to follow?

My light was working fine all last season. I switched routers over the offseason and blinked up the light using the Budweiser app no problem. Then suddenly it stopped working. I talked with Budweiser, they haven’t been any help yet. They said they would call me back and it might have to do with them updating. Maybe it’s something to do with iOS7, I don’t know.

Anyways the games are starting tonight and I can’t get the light to connect to my network. The app says time out and the card flashes orange, red off indicating port is being blocked by a firewall. Doesn’t make much sense since I haven’t installed anything.

Any ideas?

I changed routers over the off season as well. Same model (Telus replacement) now…red light doesnt work. Seems like it wont connect with my network.

Try using a different router if it flashes green but won’t sync. My dir 615 wouldn’t work but my rt ac 66u works like a charm. I am not techie enough to know the different router settings. They are both on default. FYI, I am on shaw in calgary.

The Electric imp blink in legacy mode works great with my android galaxy tablet to blinkup the card on my red light. The budlight app will not do the same trick, however it does work using an iphone. I noted that brighness of the legacy blink is much more intense on my Tablet than the bud red light app blink - similar to the brightness level of the bud light app on the iphone. A “simple” fix for us android users would be to upgrade the bud light red light app with the legacy blink. Is there any chance of the bud folks doing this in the future?

The bud app does legacy mode by default - as for the brightness, no idea. What happens if you turn brightness up to max before launching the bud app?

Tried everything, the bud app blink just doesn’t have the same level of intensity as the regular imp blink on android, which I suspect is why so many folks are frustrated with trying to get the light working without resorting to a friends iphone. Guess l’ll have to live with it until I renew my cell phone contract and get an iphone the next time.