What is the browser of choice.?

I have been having problems with both of my browsers. IE 11 and firefox 38.0.5.
Using IE, it says "There is nothing to see yet! Click on a device to start editing!"
yet my devices are listed there and when I click on them it does nothing.

Using FIrefox, I get further. I can click on my device and start editing. Yet there are 2 problems.
#1) I have the view set for side by side view. When I click on another device and return back the agent window is the same size as the device, but the there is a scroll bar in the agent window and it only lets me see like 10 lines of code. See photo.
#2) I constantly get a script error popup. Typically when I copy and paste code back and forth from one device to another.

It getting to the point where i cannot make any good progress.

You may have done this (apologies if so), but try logging out of the IDE and then back in. The other thing you can try is to clear the browser’s cache.

Have done both and even restarted the computer
No change

Chrome is what everyone here uses, but Firefox should work better than that. IE… yeah, probably not.

Will get the web guys to take a look.

Just a thought, have you thought about creating a Imp IDE Chrome App. Will make logging in so much quicker through their app launcher. Maybe offer other improvements too, who knows.

I use Safari (on a Mac) nearly all the time, but also use Firefox and Chrome (both current) sporadically. I seldom experience issues.

I too get this in Chrome:

When I click on another device and return back the agent window is the same size as the device, but the there is a scroll bar in the agent window and it only lets me see like 10 lines of code.

To resolve I simply close log section and reopen to refresh screen, as shown:

Now to get rid of the constant script errors.

Firefox problem #1 will be fixed in the next IDE release on Tuesday.

If you can paste a screenshot of the script error, or copy and paste the text, that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Here is the screen shot. Error in line 465

Thanks. If it happens again, could you click the “Debug script” button and take a screenshot of the window that pops up? We’ll try to reproduce the problem here, too.

Is this what you wanted ?

I should also add that I have 2 accounts. When on seulater I can make the script error happen by simply clicking on a project and then use the slider in the device window to scroll down. when I do this almost always that script error will popup. Yet using the same browser, when I log into my other account I have never gotten a script error.

We’ve just released an update for the IDE - Internet Explorer 11 should work again, and you shouldn’t have the incorrect agent pane size issue anymore. We haven’t reproduced the script error so let us know if you’re still getting it with this new version.