Welcome to the first Electric Imp IDE Public Beta release

The IDE Public Beta program gives you early access to the latest IDE features and capabilities ahead of final release. We have many significant improvements planned for release throughout this year, so not only you will get to try them as they are released, your valuable feedback will help us fine-tune the features to better suit your needs.

How do I join?

Go to beta-ide.electricimp.com/ide. You will see the familiar login screen with a ‘Beta Environment’ mark. Sign in with your usual credentials.

What exciting features do I get?

We are releasing Multi-User Support which allows you to invite colleague and third-parties to collaborate on your models without sharing your account login credentials. Please visit the multi-user guide in the Dev Center to learn more about this new feature.

What do I need to know before I use it?

You have access to the same devices and models, just as you do in the production version. The beta is not a ‘nightly’ or ‘bleeding edge’ release containing untested code. Every beta is tested internally ahead of its release, so you’ll be able to use it safely on an everyday basis if you wish. However, there may well be bugs that we haven’t spotted yet, so the beta will be offered on a ‘use at your own risk’ basis.

What do I do when I have problems or feedback?

Click on the blue-highlighted Electric Imp logo in the IDE Public Beta and a pop-up panel with further release information and a ‘Provide Feedback’ button are displayed. Clicking on the button will take you to this forum, where you can post your feedback. Please include in the post the beta version and the API version you are testing so we can reproduce and address your concerns accordingly.

Can I get notified about the next beta release?

We will communicate here in the beta forum when a new beta release is posted and tell you what new features and changes that you will want to look out for. We anticipate that the IDE Public Beta will be updated more frequently than the production IDE.

To try out the IDE Public Beta click on this link: https://beta-ide.electricimp.com/ide.

The Electric Imp Team.