Upload binary file bit HTTP_IN node

I’m trying to upload a binary file via an HTTP_IN node, but am having difficulties getting the correct HTML and squirrel types.
Currently I’m using a very simple HTML form:

`

Please specify a file, or a set of files:
`

…And an InputPin with type set to “string” and a reimplemented set function which simply displays the typeof the value being set.

I am expecting to see “string” as the type, but always get “integer” which isn’t what I am expecting at all.

I have little experience with Squirrel and am not a web developer, so it’s highly likely that I’m missing something obvious.
Does anyone have any example HTML and InputPin implementation they can share that achieves uploading a simple binary file to either a string or blob?

Thanks,
Toby

Hi Toby,

Looks like you’ve found a bug, or at least a missing feature – file upload isn’t supported at the moment. It’s likely, though, that if/when we add it, the data you supply to the form target will need to be in a field whose name is “value”, just like the existing string/integer/etc support. So in your file field, where it says,
name="datafile"
that would need to be
name="value"
However, at the moment that code will give you the filename of the thing you’re trying to upload, not the contents of the file – which admittedly isn’t very useful.

Peter