Unresponsive script

Over the past month or two I’ve encountered some browser issues while running the IDE … (OSX 10.8.4 / Firefox 26.0). I’ll often get an ‘Unresponsive script’ pop-up (screen shot attached), typically accompanied by the ‘spinning color wheel’ and associated browser delays/non-responsiveness. This appears to occur only when the IDE is running.

I’ve Googled ‘Firefox spinning color wheel’, and taken the recommended browser related actions, but am still encountering this pop-up quite often. (Interestingly, it seems to occur more often depending on which model/device I have open at a particular time … but I’m not entirely certain about this).

I don’t recall seeing anything related to this on the forum, so I’m thinking it is very likely something on my end (browser, model code, etc.) … I haven’t been able to track it down yet though.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry

On occasion, in Chrome the IDE locks up on me, but I believe it is always after quite a bit of non-use, or the laptop sleeping.

Same here. Page refresh usually clears it.

Thanks for the comments Joel and @opb. Hmmm, it doesn’t seem like something related to inactivity, or page refresh, but perhaps this is all it’s about. Will continue to monitor it with your input in mind. Thanks again.

@LarryJ - Would you let us take a look at one of the models that is frequently causing the IDE to lock up?

If you PM the code we can setup some tests and see if we can figure out what’s causing it.