Unable to comission

I now got the problem again when trying to make my imp go on my new wifi ap… Where do I get the half speed version for android?

@mikey have emailed

My imp has been working great until today when I tried I get it onto a new network with a linksys 80211.b router, no WPS option. When powered up, the imp just blinks (fast?) red immediately. This lasts maybe a minute and then goes dark. I ran the config app several times, in a completely dark room with tape around the imp body. Also, my phone can navigate to imp.electricimp.com with no issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

iphone 4. I took the imp/impee back to my house, works right away on my home network where I originally commissioned it. I will research other discussions; my only guess is that it’s something with the router at the site since every other aspect seems to be working

When you blinkup, does the imps LED stop blinking during the process?

At the end of the blinkup, do you see a short green blink from the imp?

No it caught my attention that it doesn’t stop flashing red during blinkup and pardon the personification therefore seems like its ‘not listening’. No short green either

If it’s not stopping flashing during blinkup, then generally you have too much ambient light. However, you have excluded light it seems (and I’ve never had to go to the lengths of covering with tape and blinking up in a darkened room!) so I’m not sure what’s wrong.

What phone are you using?

Update: no success on an open network.it even flashes the same red when I try to clear the wireless configuration. Any idea what that could mean?

It should be flashing amber when you clear config - clearing config has nothing to do with whatever wifi may be available.

It does sound like the imp is not happy with whatever router you’re trying to connect to. What channel is it on? Bear in mind that the developer imps are US channels only, ie channels 1-11. If the router is on 12 or 13, you’ll just get red blinking as the imp won’t see it.

I’ve a T-mobile Comet Huawei U8150 IDEOS Android 2.2

The App downloads OK from google - my first test as some Apps say the phone is not compatible.
I’ve an account on electricimp.com neilh20@biomonitors.com
I only use the Comet in WiFi mode - so have lots of experience with it working and using the internet (BBC News), and browser.

When I attempt to log in using the Electric Imp app, after pressing the login - the login button changes, and then
nothing. Nada. No feedback. Freezes.
I’m expecting at least something -
I’ve repowered the Comet twice to see if anything else is going on.
Same every time

the Comet is set up to be always on when charging, so the WiFi is connected.
my router is a Netgear WNR3500Lv2

Oops - forgot to update this.
I couldn’t get the U8150 IDEOS to communicate with the Imps through blinkUp - got them commissioned at the MakerFestival to an open SID on a spare Wireless router that I had. Since then the comms has worked and having fun using the Cloud IDE and squirrel, its a fun combination.

So the T-mobile Comet Huaewei U8150 IDEOS Android 2.2 is good for accessing Electric Imp App . It seems it’s the algorithm’s inside the App.

While at Pete’s Coffee shop I tried BlinkUp - and it worked.!!
The issues seems to be the NAT Wireless router- in my case a Netgear WNR3500Lv2 and had the same problem with the Belkin N150 F6D4230-4 V3
To get round it, I set the DHCP server to give the Comets MAC a fixed IP address, then I specified it as the DMZ - which puts it on the outside of the Firewall.
Then it WORKED - at least for the Belkin N150. Hurrah!. The Netgear WNR3500Lv2 is still having a problem.
So now at least I have a route to configuring the two ElectricImps that arrive tomorrow.

So on my humble smartphone has a number of applications -NPR News. K9 mail, Dishnetwork that all access the internet through my firewall quite successfully.
On Belkin N150 box, it identifies gaming as something a more advanced router than the N150 does (maybe its marketing).
So my conclusion is that whatever port number the ElectricImp App is using is pushing it into a gaming zone – so maybe the App should try a few other ports, or a configurable port and also see if it can’t do a put through port 0080.

Some observations of the ElecricImp App
a)It didn’t keep the email and password between screen sleeps, so if I left it too long I had to type them in again. It would be nice if it kept the Account Name and Password when the phone sleeps and between invocations.
For doing a number of installs and or configures this would be really nice.
b) It would be nice to have a check mark “show password” so as to be able to verify I’m inputting the correct password. On my phone the keyboard is small and very easy to type it wrong.
c) It would be nice to have more explanation of what the App is doing both on the Wiki and in operation. Ie an option to be “verbose” would be really usefull.

Android K-9 mail has a way of managing a lot of options that I think works so might be an example.

UPDATE:
Apparently I did not wait long enough. I decided cycle power one more time, then I wrote the message below, and then I went for lunch. When I cam back it was all good.

ok stupid question.

I was trying to work through blinky… and now my impee is gonzo. I noticed while i was looking at the code this morning that the last update was from May6th (before the netgear upgrade)

I upgraded my wifi to a netgear wmdr3400. I re blinked up the imp and it went green, as well the connected devices on the router shows the mac address for the imp…

but impees shows ‘you should add some’ and planner shows nothing…

What else would make it go away and stay away?