Technical terms explanation

I am adjusting the ‘blink’ code from the first Imp example.
I have connected the LED to pin1, but this is not working.
I discovered this page which explains what each pin can do (I think), but it’s not very clear for a beginner what all these terms mean:
UAC, XT, RT, CTS, RTS, etc. etc.
How do I read these tables, and can I use pin1 in this code?
led <- hardware.pin1; led.configure(DIGITAL_OUT); led.write(1);

Assuming you are using an imp-001, you may be experiencing a hardware related problem with pin 1 that has occurred with some imp/breakout combinations … specifically, a mechanical intermittent between certain imps and sockets … again, only related to pin 1. You can read more about this at the following links …
http://forums.electricimp.com/discussion/2218/dead-pin-1/p1
http://forums.electricimp.com/discussion/1038/sparkfun-breakout-can-never-get-response-from-pin-1/p1

This issue is related primarily to older imps, but there are still likely some in circulation through the distribution chain. Not saying this is the case with your situation, but you might try switching your LED to one of the other GPIO pins and give it a try … perhaps back to pin 9 as in the example you cite.

(Your pin1 code example looks fine, and the table you cite simply shows the various communications protocols supported by the imp pins).

@ElectricEerk, I would definitely read through the ‘… Explained’ articles in the Dev Center Resources section, if I were you. But it sounds like I need to write up a ‘imp for complete beginners’ article too.

Thanks, I’m going to read up a bit more on the docs. I also discovered that my RGB LED needs to be connected to the 3.3V imp output, instead of ground! (Anode vs. Cathode). That clarifies why it just wouldn’t work. Next to that, it seems that I sometimes get logged out of the IDE, and then the system log and code updating stops working as well. There’s a lot of little things that can go wrong, but this forum helps a lot!