Quirky Nimbus is there hope?

I have bought a Quirky Nimbus lately (yes, in 2018), I saw it on amazon and I thought cool this could help me keeping track on my client’s campaign if I can set it to tell me the latest engagement on their twitter, instagram, youtube… or even program it to deliver content intelligence from my platform.

I never knew it is an obsolete product, only after receiving it and downloading the wink app that I found out that it is no more supported. I am not a developer but I almost tried everything to get it to do anything without any luck.

I know you are all busy people and I do apologize in advance. But is there anyone that has experience with the nimbus and is making use of it that can help? If this device still work I would love to explore the possibility to make it a dashboard that can deliver content intelligence information from my platform www.personafier.com

Hope for it as a Wink supported product - likely not. They appear to have elected to discontinue support for this product.

We aren’t able to turn these devices into “developer” devices (that would allow people to write their own software to drive them) without permission from the entity which made them in the first place. Given that Quirky went out of business, this may be hard to obtain.

Some people have desoldered imps and soldered in a new (unlocked) one, but that’s a lot of hassle to go to :frowning:

Thank you Hugo for the reply, this is crazy because I can make great use of these devices if we are able to re-
program it. And honestly very unfair for people who bought it, “I know I can return it to Amazon” but I feel I can still find a solution.
I just want to understand few things, what could service does the nimbus try to connect to fetch the data? Does this cloud service still exist? and is there a contact of a company/person of any sort that we can get in touch with?
I am not sure if it is worth it or not to make a petition to GE about it.