Planner log buggy


Seems a new bug was introduced in the planner log part lately - loosing lines.

How to reproduce - use this code:
// Logtest


function watchdog() {
imp.wakeup(60.0, watchdog);


// End of code

If You use the run button on this code the log produced looks like this:
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:28:51: Line1
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:29:51: watchdog

Going back to planner, choosing edit code the new log (for the same run):
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:28:51: Line1
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:28:51: Line2
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:28:51: Line3
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:28:51: watchdog
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:29:51: watchdog

As You can see three lines are missing in the middle - why I don’t know …
Please fix this thing asap since it is really hard to do any development doing edit on every for start …
I spent a hour or more on my code thinking that it does blocks somewhere while it was simply missing lines …

I’ve seen the same problem it may of happened in release 7 as I haven’t seen the issue before. I just refresh the the browser page and missed .log msg appear.

The issue appears to be in the client-side, as it gets worse with latency (says the person attempting to debug some factory imp code from china with awful latency) :slight_smile:

Bug filed.

Well I don’t think it’s client side - the logs are reaching the server, they are just not displayed correct.

My example is from the same run of the code - You can see that from the timestamps too - they are the same, just some of them are missing until I refresh the page …

I’m with Brown as it looks like the Browser keeps an open socket to the e.imp server & displays what ever it’s sent.

Yes, this is what I meant by client side; the issue is in the javascript running in your browser, which is only fetching 1 line when it gets a notification of new data, not all the lines since the last update.

This is why a refresh shows it fine; the client is requesting all the lines at once and getting them.

This is still a bug in our code, it’s just not a bug in the server side or the imp connectivity side.

Hugo, just to add to this the Open connection between client and server is being terminated/Aborted this might not be helping things. see attached screen shot.

Hey guys, thanks for the report! We’ve been making some upgrades internally, and the shim I put in to support the editor didn’t quite do the job. Shim re-written and it should be good now.