Petnet Smartfeeder API

Hello,

I have a Petnet Smartfeeder.
As you may know, the company seems giving up, and thousands of users have now a Petnet SmartBRICK, leaving the pets without any food since weeks.
I discovered that Electric Imp 003 is used on this custom Petnet PCB, and Electric Imp API servers are used (the specific API server seems defunk as there are HTTPS errors).
I tried to list the API using the MAC Address of the Smartfeeder on my ElectricImp account, however it doesn’t return any result from the search engine.

Can you please disclose the Petnet API list for us to fix the smartbrick ? or can you fix the specific ElectricIMP API server in order to reverse engineer the commands and feed our pets ?

Regards

I’m afraid we can’t help you. The APIs that Petnet built into their imp agents are their own, not ours, and the devices are bound to their Electric Imp account as they are the ones paying the service fees.

Only devices on your own developer account are visible when logged into impCentral, which explains why you can’t see the Petnet device there.

If Petnet are responsive to queries, you could ask them to “unbless” the device you own, which then means you could blink it up to your imp developer account and write your own code for it, without any dependency on Petnet APIs or servers. They then no longer pay fees for the device.

Thanks for you reply.

However Petnet is no longer responsive, the company seems closed and all the employees were fired.
Also, the API server seems to be imp-tarpitXX.boxen.electricimp.com, and the HTTPS config is broken.

The PCB is using a Imp device, but the mainboard is customized. I know that you can’t help us to reverse it, but are you aware of any technical data which could allow to physically dump the API ?

There is no API you can get to from the device itself; imp devices maintain a TLS1.2 secured channel to our cloud, and any APIs to the customer’s backend happen cloud-to-cloud. This allows the device itself to be smaller, lighter and have less exposed attack surface.

They posted recently saying v1 feeders are back up again, though…