I’m having an intermittent problem (always the most fun) which has got me baffled. I don’t know where to look for the error (I’m assuming coding). Perhaps someone has run into something similar and can give me a suggestion?
First the scenario:
Imp3 collecting sensor data via LoRa radio connection to sensor arrays.
Collection takes place on regular intervals and is very predictable.
Sensor array turns on its radio and sends RTS to Imp and Imp sends CTS to sensor node.
Both Imp and sensor switch to private channel on LoRa.
Data is exchanged on private channel to prevent crosstalk.
Sensor shuts down radio after exchange and Imp goes back to listen for next RTS on public channel.
This works smoothly and consistently for several days, sometimes longer. I sometimes get incomplete data records (checked by CRC) where I don’t think I should. Although I’m chalking that up to interference for now, it shouldn’t be and could be related.
Then at some point the Imp stops receiving RTS requests, but everything else seems to work fine.
I’ve tried reconfiguring the radio itself by sending parameter command string. NO EFFECT.
The radio responds correctly, reporting its parameters are set as requested.
I’ve tried reconfiguring the radio UART when this is detected, NO EFFECT.
uartDM is configured to 9600, 8, PARITY_NONE, 1, NO_CTSRTS. The radio reports its parameters are set as they should be.
I’ve tried shutting down and restarting the radio when this is detected assuming the radio itself was hangning, NO EFFECT.
Although the uart is not reconfigured this time, the radio reports the correct settings are configured.
The above can be done multiple times with no effect on the problem.
You might be thinking, ‘but of course, it must be your sensors have stopped transmissions’. BUT, when I restart the Imp, everything goes back to normal.
To prevent regular reboots, I’d really like to narrow down what’s happening. But don’t know where to look. The Imp’s ID is 30000c2a690be27f. Perhaps there is something in the logs to might help.