Moving a device from one account to another

I have the electric imp wireless sensor kit which I set up and used when I was an employee at Twilio. After leaving Twilio I did not disconnect my device from that account (Twilio email). For all I know that application is still running. I now want to use this device for another project in a newly created imp account. However, the blink process does not work and I can not “clear a devices settings”. Does anyone have a recommendation on possibly hard resetting the device so I can connect it to my new account?

When I power my device on it blinks red, then orange, then green for about 60s.

You should be able to blinkup a developer imp to a different account, with or without clearing the device settings first. There are some troubleshooting tips for blinkup on the following page.

https://developer.electricimp.com/troubleshooting/blinkup

Try to shield the phone and imp from too much background light. The red/orange/green lights should go out when the imp sees the blinkup signal starting, and there should then be a long green indication at the end of blinkup as confirmation. If you manage to clear the existing device settings then you should see a blinking orange pattern.

If you’re still having problems then DM the mac address and I’ll check you have a developer imp.

I was able to clear devices setting, now I get an orange/amber flashing light. Blink up still fails and I do not get any red or green flashing. Just the orange.

Curious to know how to trouble shoot this. I will DM MAC address, thank you for helping.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.