Legacy mode, Android

Hi,

I’m trying to blinkup on my android but can’t find the legacy mode-checkbox? It doesnt work on my phone without legace mode.

Hi,

I’m trying to blinkup on my android but can’t find the legacy mode-checkbox? It doesnt work on my phone without legace mode.

It is a checkbox just under the button the “Send BlinkUp”. You don’t set it until you are about to perform the action… there is no menu for it.

@hannez82, I’ve observed that it has “disappeared” occasionally from my Android app too. If you press the back button a couple of times, then reenter the app, it usually reappears.

I have tried going back and forward but The checkbox is still not visible. I cant blinkup because of this. Annoying!

If your imp has been online at all recently, it will have updated and default (non-legacy) is absolutely the recommended mode.

If it’s brand new (and eg from sparkfun) then yeah, you may need legacy mode to get the blinkup working.

You could always try downloading (eg) the wink app and blinking up with that, I believe they alternate trilevel then legacy with each blinkup. Once it’s online, it’ll update, then you can use the imp app (with default settings) to get it onto your developer account.

I have a new(<1week) imp from adafruit and a Sony Ultra Z and it does not work without the legacy mode. i’ve tried in light and dark room and with high and low lightsettings on the display

I can’t understand why it’s removed when it cleary works better on some phones?!

Your new imp was likely made a while back; we’ve not made imp001’s for a while as commercial customers use imp002/003.

Legacy wasn’t removed, it just seems the button doesn’t appear correctly in all cases, which is a bug.