iOS BlinkUp SDK issue

Since updating the the latest iOS BlinkUp SDK I have noticed that randomly after the 1 2 3 countdown it will get stuck on a black screen for about 5-10 seconds and then the flashing will begin.

It’s random but has happened to me about 5 times over the last month or so.

Is this a known issue?

No, it’s not a known issue, and it’s not something I’ve seen myself.

What version of the SDK are you using? The current is 19.9.0, which uses our new enrollment API and so ought to be more responsive.

Yes we are using 19.9.0, it’s only something I have noticed since moving to 19.9.0.

Device is an iPhone SE. Running iOS 12.4

Thanks for checking the version. We’ll take a look at this.

Update, @jdelaune. From our iOS developer:

"I see this when debugging from Xcode, but have never seen it in a release (or even when detached from Xcode).

“My only thought is that they are possibly launching from a background thread rather than main which can cause issues like that. However, they will see a warning of this regardless as we don’t “follow” Apple’s guideline on this either as the BlinkUp is much more reliable when we use a background thread.”

Are you only seeing this issue only when attached to XCode?

Maybe the random bit is that it happens when my app is connected up to Xcode.

This behaviour is seen when connected to debugger and the Main Thread Checker is enabled in the Schemes Diagnostics. When running normally (not connected to Xcode) this should not happen.

When is v20 coming out? iOS 13 and 13.1 are out now.

Any day now. We’re just completing final testing and QA.

Is there a beta version? As we need to get a iOS 13 release out and I can’t build the project because of some issues with architectures which seems to be coming from the BlinkUp framework.

It’ll be out in the next couple of days. I’ll post a not here as soon as it’s available for download.

You can now get SDK 20.0.0 here, @jdelaune

Thanks. I’m a bit confused by this statement: iOS SDK 20.0.0 (for iOS >= 13, Xcode >= 11)

Our app needs to support iOS 10 through 13 and we are using Xcode 11. It makes it sound like SDK 20 only works with iOS 13 and above. In which case how do we include different SDKs for iOS 10-12 and iOS 13?

This is a documentation error it appears. SDK 20.0.0 supports older iOS versions. Please use SDK 20.0.0 for Xcode >= 11

Docs fixed…