Impcentral logging missing

I have an imp006 device/agent which are showing no recent logging in the impcentral console despite being online. I can see network activity against my Twilio SIM, plus the device/agent are obviously working as I’m seeing our own logging in AWS CloudWatch and receiving data from the device/agent.
Anyone got any thoughts on how/why this can occur?

Is it a production device, or blessed? These devices do not log unless you start a log stream - the logs are quenched at the device side.

Hi Hugo,
I think it was a production device. We normally see logging, but in this case there was none.
I’m assuming that logs get throttled if there’s low/no bandwidth?
Tony

For a production device, look up the device in the impCentral menu bar and enable logging. The logs will be collected for 24 hours after you stop looking at them - but log collection only starts at the point where you enable production logs.

They don’t get throttled based on bandwidth, no.

It’s a known issue unfortunately. Logging is in general best effort. For any important data - including important logs - we would recommend using third-party services via https or mqtt.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. We do use AWS logging for critical stuff!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.