Imp005 in China & Japan

“Murata has performed CE pre-testing and FCC/IC modular certification for the type 1GC module (imp005) with their own dual-band PCB antenna design.”

Do you know if anyone has put the Imp005 through Chinese & Japanese certification? Anything that we should be worried about in undertaking an Imp005 project that we want to get into those regions?

Thanks

The module has been through JP cert, yes, for more than one customer. I’m not aware of any of our customers who have used it in China, but Murata may know of some. I’ve requested a TELEC code if one exists, the customers I know that have done this have just gone through full device testing.

https://developer.electricimp.com/api/imp/setcountry/ should also include the Japan country code, but it doesn’t. We’ll get this updated; it does require a different country code because the 5GHz channels vary a lot country to country (much more than 2.4GHz).

Update: yes it does have TELEC cert, code is 001-P00975. Certificate being added to the RF certifications page now.

Great thanks for the update and clarification. I assume we just use the ‘Other Country’ code for China in setcountry?

And just an FYI the example of the bottom of this page: https://developer.electricimp.com/api/imp/setcountry

Does not use setcountry() in the code as far as I can see.

It does call setcountry on line 81?

I would start with “other country” but keep us in the loop on any lab comms or certification questions and we can involve Murata where necessary to ensure your testing is successful.

It didn’t at the time; we fixed the example yesterday.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.
:wink:

Okay just to clarify as we are moving into multiple markets with both the imp003 and imp005 product, including the ones already covered in the documentation:

• Mexico
  • China
  • South Korea
  • Singapore
  • Hong Kong
  • Australia
  • New Zealand

That we use the other country flag and see if certification fails in the test house, and then come back to you to ask for a country code which will make it pass?

Also for the Europe code you say “which are generally legal across the EU”. What do you mean by generally?

All this vagueness scares me :slight_smile:

For absolute certainty, ask your lab. Labs spend their entire lives keeping up with the regulations you need to abide by in each territory.

But yes, you should generally be able to use the “other country” setup for non-US. You may need to use the EU setup, as this generally lowers power further to meet PSD targets - some countries will have adopted the EU model (I believe Australia/NZ are in this category, for example).

If your lab has issues, then contact us and we can dig into it with the wireless silicon vendor, creating a new country code if required to get you passing.