On more than one occasion we have seen an IMP005 breakout dev board(imp005 Breakout | Dev Center) get temporarily bricked when powering off the module while it is performing a factory blinkup and/or while performing an impOS upgrade. The only way we then are able to recover the device is by re-cloudifying the IMP. This has happened at least twice in testing, but has not been reproduced since. I will be attempting to reproduce this in the following days as we may be frequently power cycling during the factoryBlinkup on our test fixture.
- Power up IMP005 device (running fixture code)
- Start DUT factoryBlinkup (from IMP005 to DUT)
- While blinkup is in action, power-off IMP005 fixture device
- Power up IMP005 device - when “bricked” the IMP will power on and only display a solid green color on the status LED. It will not show as “online” in IMPcentral, and will not run any of the squirrel code.
- It can now only be recovered by re-cloudifying the module.
I will update more if this is reproduced in the coming days.