Imp Praise

I originally started playing with the Imp a year ago when I was looking for a cheap (~$40 vs ~$80) solution to bridge some Arduino bits to WiFi.

At the time, I was really annoyed by the planner - I wanted to use my local editor, version it in GitHub, etc. I had some reservations about the limits and problems with the platform - not being able to use the device without a working internet connection worried me. (I also had to fight the difference between 3.3V and 5V…luckily without burning my imp. :slight_smile:

The planner, of course, has gotten much better. The real turning point for me? Today I was able to idly re-program my Hannah rev3 board and get about halfway to a working ALS (light sensor) implementation - while I was nowhere near the actual device.

Between this and the awesome improvements in the Agent/Imp code model I’m fully convinced and can’t wait to see what’s coming next.

I second this. My brother got me interested in microcontrollers about 8 months ago, and I’ve decided that the Imp is my platform of choice. Being able to communicate directly, and daily with you guys, and maybe in little ways help shape the outcome feels really good. Rock on, Electric Imp.

The Electric Imp is the best and easiest to create with!

I’ve been connecting sensors and actuators to the cloud for years. When I read about the imp “I thought this it too good to be true”, nearly a year on from getting my first imp I remain in awe and can’t praise enough :slight_smile: