Handle Images on Vanessa

Hello guys,

I’m new here and I’m extremely excited with what this forum offers.

I saw the others discussions about Vanessa and I have some doubts that maybe you can help.

I have a project that basically will use a phone to send images for epaper. I’m very glad with the @aron code for iOS , and I’m excited to start to running some tests on it ( I’m not a app development and I start to learn couple months ago) but I have some things that I wish to know.

Like @jwehr posted in other discussion, the entire process to send and display a image is taking several seconds, and in my project I have to display with a better rate. I was using an Arduino and other board to display on an 2.7’’ epaper, and I changed sometihings in EPD class to increase the rate, I also cut some steps of display because I dont need a “perfect” image.

I’d like to know if the several seconds is caused by the transfer of the images from the cell or by the process to display itself.

Cause I’m thinking that I could store images on a SD-Card to help the imp to display the images faster.

Thats it, I will be very grateful with any help !

Thanks again for the availability of this forum,

best regards,

Leonardo

You could store them to a local SPI flash; we’ve done this before for a colour display (see the tasha reference design here: http://www.electricimp.com/docs/hardware/resources/reference-designs/tasha/ )

Hi there
It would be more convenient to handle the image using an image program which supports to process image directly.I heared that they are preparying the image process function.You can have a try.

Tks for the tips guys…

Hugo, do you know how many Images can be storage ?

That just depends on how big the flash is and how big the images are…