My plan was originally to use an Electric Imp for this project, but my knowledge of electronics and pcb design was limited at the time I started this, so it ended up with a bad looking setup on a breadboard. It worked fine for the few months I used it, but it was not really meant to look like that, and it was just hacked together with different connectors and was generally a mess.
At the same time I had problems with android doing blinkup, so I ended up with a Spark Core instead… This turned out to be an even more troubled adventure, and the relay board I ordered for it also got delayed, while needing a much bigger power supply for it than I had used for my Electric Imp so far…
So… I ended up going back to my Electric Imp again, and started to learn more about pcb design. I have now designed multiple pcb’s, only gotten a few fabricated, but at some point I will make this project as a proper pcb with all components on the same board.
So here is my more proper temporary setup.
It isn’t much, only a transistor, a relay, diode, resistor, and a dc to dc step down, but it does the job!
> All images <