Flashing orange light on Budweiser Red Light

Hi there,
Thought I would reach out as you seem to be very knowledgeable with this blink up process.
I have a version 1 power wheel light, mac: 0c2a690218d3 on my card.
Last year connected up no problem on the 2.4G network . This summer I got a new phone a Samsung S20FE and had to have my router reconfigured. I did rename the network the same name and password as it was before so all my devices would automatically reconnect when reconfigured. I also started up my old phone and seen the light was showing as connected on it, so I did the test and it did not work. After it didn’t work on my old phone i removed it from that phone and deleted the app as well.
Called Rogers up here and they checked the router and its aok . Ive tried to do the blink up and I get the card to go from flashing red to green …stays green for 5 secs and then goes to flashing red again. The app then says its not connected.
Any assistance you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hey Hugo
New to this
My ver1 red light not working
Are you able to do something with the mac address
0c2a6901f487

Tia
Had this light for many years and never had this problem

If it was working before and now does not then that’s unlikely to be anything I can help with. What does it do? Any light flashes? Did your wifi setup change?

I have thru one of the original Bud apps the clear Wi-Fi code
So I ran that
And then thru the new Bud app
Ran the set Wi-Fi from blinking red
After code flash
It turns green for a flash and then blinks orange constant after that

Generally that implies that the device has been blinked up with an incorrect account. I’m not in a position to help at this point though!

Hi hugo, I hope its ok to tag into this thread as I’m having a similar issue with the V1 bud red light.

The Imp card often fails the blinkup (red flash, then orange), but when it does succeed (single green flash) it appears to connect to my router for a second and then I get some red / orange flashes followed by just orange flashing. I can see on my router that it connected and then immediately disconnected.

Is there a way to force a reset on the imp? The MAC is 0c:2a:69:01:41:f7

I was gifted this light, and I’m keen to get it linked up to my phone in time for hockey season!

Thanks in advance,
Todd

Further to this, in checking my router info, it shows that the imp sent and received data during earlier blinkup attempts, but is now sending and receiving nothing when it connects and then disconnects from my network.

I wonder if a firmware update has failed?

Thanks again.
Todd

@Todd911 your device successfully completed an impOS upgrade on 18 August (that was possibly the traffic you observed). Since then it has been seen by our servers after each successful blinkup (long green flash) but then rejected based on the token provided by the Bud app. That’s not something I can fix, sorry.

Hello, I have the Budweiser vc1 red light, it is impossible to connect to my 2.4 GHz network. The electric imp flashes orange non-stop. Can you help me? mac:0c2a69015ec2

Thank you

Only orange flashing indicates that your light has no WiFi credentials on board. You’ll need to the Red Light mobile app (Android or iOS) to provision the light with your WiFi credentials.

If you’re actually getting a mix of red and orange, then that’s something else, but I’d expect to see a red-only flash pattern (eg. one long flash followed by three short flashes) if the issue is connection to WiFi.

More info here: BlinkUp Troubleshooting Guide | Dev Center

Only WiFi channels 1-11 are supported, so you also need to make sure your router is not using channels 12 or 13.

More info here: Network Requirements For imp-enabled Devices | Dev Center

Hello, I tried with the Budweiser red light application, but it still remains orange. I do the requested operation, but since it does not have a flashing red light, it does not work. THANKS

What you should see immediately after BlinkUp is solid greed for three seconds - this indicates the device could read and decode the BlinkUp data. If you’re not seeing that, make sure you’re holding the phone screen as close to the Light’s BlinkUp port as you can, and there’s no bright light falling on it too. The app should increase the phone screen brightness to max, but this may not happen on certain devices, so you can set it to max brightness manually first.

Still nothing, impossible to synchronize because it never turns red. It continues to flash orange. THANKS