Electric Imp Dev Center 2.0 is here

I’m very pleased to announce that our new Dev Center is now open for business at its new home, developer.electricimp.com.

From this point on, it will be our primary developer resource and will feature all the new reference material we have lined up to support the upcoming release of impOS™ 38. There’ll be a short bedding period while we tweak and optimize, and during this time the current Dev Center will still be available, but it will no longer be updated. So I encourage all of you with bookmarks to the old site to update with the new URL, above.

We’ll be setting up redirects in due course, but some of the content URLs have changed and will not necessarily follow the old pattern going forward, so I recommend you find the content you want on the new site rather than rely on redirects.

To address a couple of issues raised in this parish in the past: search is much better on the new site, and the navigation system rather more usable too in that you can drill down through the navigation column (now on the left-hand side) without selecting items. This makes it much easier to find and quickly access the information you need.

As always, comments are welcome, plus any suggestions for improvements you may have. There are about half a dozen things we’ll be tweaking that have emerged between writing the original brief and having a constructed web site to work with, but please do chip in with your own thoughts.

Tony,
Senior Tech Writer,
Electric Imp

Update We are now ready to complete our migration to the new Electric Imp Dev Center at developer.electricimp.com. As such, we will be removing the legacy Dev Center at the end of this month.

Please take this time to update any bookmarks you maintain which point to the legacy site: from February, they will not function correctly, and the legacy site will no longer be accessible.

However, all the content from the legacy site is already available in the new Dev Center, which is now the only location for new material and updates.

Tony,
Senior Tech Writer,
Electric Imp