E-Paper displays with imp for in-store smart advertising/pricing

Looking to produce battery operated smart signage tags for industrial and office applications. E-Paper display panels are a must - they maintain their image after all power is removed from the system. I’m ready to buy the reasonably priced shield whenever it is ready with libraries for text, barcodes, and QR codes! This is just one supplier of panels http://www.pervasivedisplays.com/products/panels

Those are really cute displays. Looks like their demo kit would hook right up to an April (the main issue is getting the connector, and their kit says it breaks out the SPI interface). I’m afraid that you may need to get your hands dirty and build the interface yourself - if you’re planning to sell these you’re going to need to do this at some point…

In general, I’d recommend you render the stuff cloud-side then send the bitmap down to the imp to push to the display, as that way you have a lot more flexibility (pick any font, etc).

This is awesome! I was looking for something like this for a future project i want to build with the imp. @IndustrialData, did you manage to hook such a display up to the imp and control it cloudbased as @hugo suggested? I’m definately interested!