ConnectionManager setsendtimeoutpolicy

In the ConnectionManager library, the following code is used in the constructor:
// Set the timeout policy + disconnect if required server.setsendtimeoutpolicy(RETURN_ON_ERROR, WAIT_TIL_SENT, 0);
is the use of zero for timeout a wise choice ? The documentation of the server.setsendtimeoutpolicy ImpApi function is actually warning against the use of zero

For now I override it by calling
server.setsendtimeoutpolicy(RETURN_ON_ERROR, WAIT_TIL_SENT, 30);
again after the instantiation of the class.
Can I suggest to make it nonzero by default, or adding a setting in the class constructor (or use the already provided watchdog timeout setting) ?

Is this an issue or not.

I was reading through the library documentation and there is no mention of setsendtimeoutpolicy. I did a quick search through the forum to see if this was mentioned before and this was the closest.

I was planning to insert the ConnectionManager library in some old code. Do I remove setsendtimeoutpolicy from my old code or do I keep and if I should keep, do I set it to a non zero value.

I was planning to set “stayConnected” : true. Does this impact the setsendtimeoutpolicy. Also if I do use this should I then remove imp.setpowersave(true); from my code or does this not matter.

https://www.electricimp.com/docs/api/server/setsendtimeoutpolicy/

I believe ConnectionManager sets the setsendtimeoutpolicy for you, so it’s probably a good idea to disable the call elsewhere.

In response to the first post, yes, that’s a typo — there’s an update in the pipeline that fixes this.