Coffee Time with my Imp

@vedecoid:

http://forums.electricimp.com/discussion/comment/2350#Comment_2350

@Hugo:

Still, how will agents solve this high traffic of information (which isn’t any complicated data, just a number between 0 an 1)? I can imagine that, being more lightweight, agents will solve my problem, but I’m just sending small pieces of data to your HTTP IN node, how will it handle far more complicated requests? I’m really rooting for you guys to sort this out

Receiving the requests is programmatic - in your code. Depends what you mean on “high traffic”; we’re not intending for people to be hitting HTTP APIs 50 times a second, for example.

We’re looking at pipe support to allow things like transparent serial bridges, and that might be more suited to sending many small events quickly than the overhead of establishing an HTTPS connection for every tiny event.

No, not 50 times a second, but imagine that you have a virtual dimmer knob. In that situation, everytime you are rotating the knob, a value gets posted on the HTTP API. I’m not sure of how the JavaScript app posts on your API (this bit was done by my friend), but suposing that it posts everytime you change the dimmer value (from 0 to 100) and you slide from 0 to 100, then you might have a high amount of traffic. However, it worked through this situation sometimes, but then it appeared to get stuck out of nowhere.

It shouldn’t get stuck, but as that code is shortly to be replaced with what always should have been there, we’re not really chasing down issues with it right now… if you can replicate it with the new stuff then we’ll dig in and determine the issues.

Sorry that’s not very helpful right now; maybe slow down the rate and have the imp implement a smooth fade between the last set and newly received value?

Hey Hugo, we’ve let the Imp get its new firmware, but it still didn’t solve the problem. In our logs, it blocks after 6 dimming attempts in a second. It is odd, since we tried to switch it on and off in the same frequency and it didn’t block.

The code I was talking about didn’t change in release-14 - the code that’s shortly-to-be-replaced is server-side.

It is odd that dimming failed but on/off didn’t. Could you get logs of the HTTP requests you’re sending?

the website does not work
can you send me the info please
Does anyone else here have it, if you do please send it to me

Ill send it to ya

Here’s more coffee hackery that should be easy to imp…

where?

so how exactly did you use the imp to control the on off switch? you said which holes you used in the imp but you did not talk about where in the machine you soldered the wires to

@zaco519: there was a link to http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/coffeeTronics in dirk’s post :slight_smile:

I made this project and also did a little more to it.
look at it here