Click on a device to Start, but nothing happens

What “device name or id” should I enter ? Is this something like: April or IMP001 or the MAC # ? No search works …
Why I can see “unassigned devices 0” and can do nothing with Development IDE ?

The fatc is that it is not clear to me where (and how) I can download the app for my IPAD to get blinkup.
Please help me ! It is my first experience with electric imp I just bought … I know it is wonderful …
Thanks a lot, Mario

This should help: http://electricimp.com/docs/gettingstarted/1-blinkup/

Thanks Chrischi, you are very kind, but even if I read a lot of times the document at the link, see the panel I find on my computer … (attached).
So I can do nothing; the panel is like a locked screen … and I do not understand why I can do nothing !
Thanks Mario

Thanks Chrischi, you are very kind, but even if I read a lot of times the document at the link I can do nothing; the panel is like a locked screen … and I do not understand why I can do nothing ! The message is :
"There is nothing to see yet ! Click on a device to start editing."
Thanks Mario

The app that you need is called “Electric Imp”. Download that from the App store and log in with your Electric Imp credentials.

Are you using the iPad to acess the Web IDE? I know that didn’t work in the past, but I’m not sure what the functionality is now. I would recommend accessing it with Chrome or Firefox on a computer for your first experience.

Yes, I’m using my daughter’s iPad. It seems that the blinkup procedure was successful (green flashing). But after few minutes the LED turned off and restarted only when you unplug/plug the USB supply. Is it rigth ?
Then the MAC reported on the IDE is different than the one stamped on the SD card back. Is it right ? Now if I select the repoted MAC, I need to enter a device, but no list is opened for device. What is the device ? IMP001 maybe … ?

Sorry, at last I think that I got my “new model”.
I’ll try to do few experiments and I’ll tell you more later.
Please neglect the previous posts: I was too anxious to try …
Thanks and see you later for a coffe, Mario !!!

Hi Jwher,
yes I can tell you now that my April board is up and running. I simply pasted the “hello world” example; I built and run my model.
It works ( I tested pin9 using my DMM).
Wonderful !
Thanks guys ! Your support was great.
Hope to be useful to anybody else for the starting procedures now.
Ciao, Mario