Cannot connect to cloud service (red/orange led blinks forever)

Your server-side fix worked splendidly. The imp came up instantly and I was able to run the blinkomatic on it. Very cool! Thanks!

Re: IMAP - the files are sitting on the servers, the socket connection is encrypted but that doesn’t help when the server is hacked and ppl can just browse the email stores. Yes I’m paranoid :slight_smile: only because it’s happened before. It’s all tradeoffs. IMP is very cool.

Thanks again for resolving this. Do you still need a wireshark dump of both sides or do you know for sure what the problem is since you’ve fixed it?

If the fix I did on the server fixed it for you, then it was the problem I suspected and no traces are necessary - thanks!

The thing about IMAP leaving your messages in cleartext on the server, is that that’s the only way it can do things like searching, or even showing which messages have attachments, or listing them in thread order. If the server didn’t have the cleartext (or at least the key – and if the server has the key then it might as well have the cleartext, from a hacker’s point of view), then all those operations would involve downloading the whole mailbox to the client every single time.

The same sorts of considerations affect the imp server. It would seem very desirable, for exactly the same reasons, to come up with a system where the server doesn’t know the key – but such a server couldn’t even route Planner messages to the right destination imp, which would be a bit pointless. Sometimes even the destination of messages is information you’d rather not leak.

Peter

Good evening Gentlemen!
My IMP / Mac: 0c2a69001f31/ worked perfectly. I changed the place of residence - different provider, different router…
I try blink up many time used my iPaid. But after blinkup my IMP the red blinks.
Is it a problem connecting to wifi ?
Thanks