BlinkUp API for xamarin

Hi Guys,

do we have any api for xamarin studio?

Thanks,
Imtee

Not right now. Xamarin is designed for C# mobile app development - our BlinkUp APIs for mobile apps target native iOS and Android languages and IDEs. If there’s solid demand for other approaches, we’ll certainly consider it, but for now the vast majority of our customers’ mobile developers are working with Xcode and/or Android Studio.

I would for sure vote for a Xamarin sample solution as well. All of our Mobile app (iOS, Android and now UWP) development is on Xamarin which saved us manyears of development effort. It used to be expensive but with the recent acquisition by MSFT, it becomes freely available to millions of developers. My bet is that de days of per-platform-development will soon be over.
As Xamarin supports the use and incorporation of native libraries, both for iOS and Android, this shouldn’t even be a difficult task. Just a question of making an API mapping file, as far as I understood.
This way we could introduce blinkup into our App itself, which would be a major step forward !

We at Phoniro, would really like an api for xamarin, we develop all our apps in xamarin.

Same here. We’re still stuck with our first native Xcode blinkup app which we failed to update in the past 4 years (and which surprisingly still works as it is based on a very old lib version)as no-one is really familiar with this toolchain and we don’t have to time to learn it just for one simple app.

In Xamarin, it’s possible to use encapsulated native ObjectiveC libs, but making that encapsulation also requires a good knowledge of the Xcode toolchain. We never succeeded…

Wouldbe grea if that could be supplied as an alternative to the current libs

I’ll add this to our roadmap as a ‘good to have’ because we’re starting see more questions of this kind these days. However, it is impossible at this stage to say when this might be implemented as our priority is ongoing native SDK evolution and the developer BlinkUp apps.

Meantime, has anyone tried integrating the existing native SDKs into Xamarin? It certainly appears to be feasible (see this for iOS).