Adafruit's Triple-Axis Accelerometer - MMA8451

Does the eimp support this accelerometer? I couldn’t find it in the hardware drivers list.

Adafruit Triple-Axis Accelerometer - MMA8451

It looks like we don’t have a driver class for that accelerometer - however it has an I2C interface, so it should have no problems communicating with the imp (it will just require writing some code)

I’m actually going to be writing some driver code the MMA8452 later this week (probably Friday afternoon) - and the register maps seem fairly comparable, so that might be a “good enough” implementation for you (if you don’t want to write it yourself) :slight_smile:

I am new to hardware programming. I will wait to see what you have for the MMA8452 and work from there. In the meantime I will order my sensor. Many thanks!

Hi beardedinventor , did you completed the driver code for the MMA8452 ? Can you share please ? I’m also looking for the reference library.

Sure can! Thanks goes to @gino - our intern turned full time engineer for writing this one :slight_smile:

https://github.com/electricimp/reference/blob/master/hardware/MMA8452/MMA8452.device.nut

Thank you @gino and @beardedinventor !