Twitter/Web/iOS control Neopixel ring necklace

The new code states this, which appears to be incorrect to me:
// This class requires the use of SPI257, which must be run at 7.5MHz // to support neopixel timing. const SPICLK = 3750; // kHz

It doesn’t work unless I set it back to 7500 KHz.

The tutorial code is updated to include the latest Neopixel driver, but using 7500 kHz. The new effect is a combination of the original effect that is changed by the rgb color that you select.

And, I made a YouTube video.

I’ve installed the latest version but the travelling light does not visit every pixel in the ring and turns the most anti-clockwise pixels random colors and sometimes leave the last one lit.

I’ve videoed it hastily so you can see what I mean, I apologise for the music, it’s the quickest way I could find to remove my kids randomly muttering in the background!

So, just a sanity check, you do have 16 pixels entered into the code, correct? When did you buy this ring? The two 16 pixel rings that I have are ones that were manufactured last summer. I wonder if the rings are being manufactured differently now. I’m not having any issues, and I am powering the ring with 3.3V on an Aria.

You could write some more simple functions to light up the ring and test each pixel. Let me know if you want some help with that. Its actually a pretty cool effect though. :slight_smile:

I’ve checked the code, it is the vanilla code from the githib and is set for 16pixel, I bought it on the 20th Feb and it has the adafruit flower on it so I don’t think its a lookalike.

I’ve just tried increasing the value to 32 (though mine has 16 pixels) it goes all the way round but with an increased amount of “disco pixels”