Ethernet imp

Will the 006 be 4g???

Oh, I couldn’t possibly comment on that…

With the imp005 will you be able to create a local web server through Ethernet, and if so is there additional flash to allow storing of html pages, graphics, data tables etc.

I know with cc3200 for example they structured the device such that you store your code and your html, and it allows for runtime data to be stored locally (as non volatile) in flash memory. This can cause runtime problems or at the very least it then limits the size of your code on the device. Will there be proper segregation and control on imp.

It’ll be just like imp001-003. There’ll be no local services, it’ll just connect out to our cloud service and everything else is done via that.

Though we do now intend (and we’ve talked about this from Day One but it’s now actually coming) to also offer alternative cloud set-ups: https://electricimp.com/platform/cloud/

Peter

Will it still have wi fi capability?

imp005 (Murata Type1GC) Powerful module with dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi and 10/100Mb/s Ethernet

Ok. So Ethernet port is not just a peripheral running off RMII interface with the Broadcom WiFi chip.

Will you be able to shut down the WiFi element and just have Ethernet running.

Will you be able to setup imp005 without the blinkup process if simply attaching to Ethernet.

I’m curious too in learning more about Imp on ethernet. How to configure? Any limitations versus wi-fi? Any chance a wired Imp can also have wifi enabled as a light weight access point for other Imps to connect through?

It prefers Ethernet so if link is present it will not use wifi.

You still need blink up to establish device ownership even with Ethernet. You can pre provision at a factory though if you don’t want to do that.

This is great News Hugo! Any word won when development boards will be available for imp005?

They’ll be available to specific customers initially, vs generally on sale, so if you have a use then contact sales@ and let us know about it.