Viewing code in my inactive models

It would be a great feature to be able to view the code (programs) of the inactive models. Sometimes I want to cut and paste something from an older program I had used before. This can be done on the current IDE but I cannot find a way to do this on the new beta IDE.

Only by loading the models geting the bit you want and re-loading the mode you were working on. I’ve done that & saved all old modes as ,nut files on my PC.

I open them on a new page in my browser

Hopefully they will add a feature to open them on the IDE. I may be using someone elses computer from a remote location.

Do I miss something here?
You don’t have to save code locally. You just open them in the IDE in a new webpage

DolfTraanberg yes, mlseim was referring to accessing old models, which you can’t edit as you could in the old IDE.

mlseim >>I may be using someone elses computer from a remote location.
I work from dropbox’ed folders so always accessible from the browser.

Still don’t get it. I have all the code I have ever used at my disposal on the IDE, even my first “Hello World” .
Ok, I am missing also a few uses in the new IDE which I had in the old one, but this is not one of them.

If I wish to view my inactive Hello World model, I have to make it my current model, and then, the current one goes into the inactive list. I realize it doesn’t actually get loaded into the physical imp until I click ‘run’, It would be nice to open any of the inactive ones in an editor of some kind … and that includes the agent and device programs.

I am just suggesting a feature to add to the new IDE.

ok, I understand, but I meant , you can open that “Hello World” or any program in a new browser page, so then you have 2 or more programs open and you can edit them all at the same time.
What I am missing most in the IDE, is the search & replace function

@Dolf I can’t see how you can do this since the new beta editor. I spent the last 20 minutes trying to view inactive models (ie. the rest of my experiments & code). Then I discovered this thread and find I have to change my imp to ‘almost’ a new model, view the code, then go back to the device settings and change in case I damage my working imp.

Seems daft, I just want to edit/view some text.

Well, as a workaround, the way I do it is as follows:

1. from your existing IDE you copy the address in a new browswer page

2 you open in that page in the Device Setings menu, the model you want to see and hit Save Changes but don’t hit Run

Now, when you change pages, you see different models.
Hope this is what you want.

I agree it would be nice to be able to view the code of an inactive model easily in the new IDE