Release 25.2

This is now starting to roll out, thanks to all the users who helped out with the testing.

There are a number of fixes & improvements over release 25:

• Certain offline states were not causing either a reconnect or a call to onunexpecteddisconnect(), fixed (this is the main thing which was preventing some users from being able to stay connected, and was fallout from the new offline modes in release 25)
  • Send errors no longer cancel pending connections (this also caused some issues for people writing programmatic connection handling).
  • Squirrel took over 100ms to start running on a warm boot. This has been fixed (first line of squirrel is now run <10ms from the wake event)
  • Deeply nested tables in setpermanentvalues no longer cause a crash.
  • Warning messages added when unserialisable items were skipped during serialisation
  • string.split() now deals with embedded nulls as it should
  • Latest Broadcom wifi driver merged.
  • If using the pin1 wakeup, and sleep is entered with pin1 high, the imp will restart immediately with a pin1 wake.
  • expectonlinein() now flushes last message to server.
  • impOS malloc improvements which allow you to run more reliably in low memory situations.
  • recheck wifi security types when switching wifi networks programmatically
  • server.flush() was sometimes waiting for full timeout time even when data had been ACKed by server
  • possible system instability when using one-shot analog reads fixed

We are still tracking a couple of issues, so if you see any connection instability, please PM me.

Just checking; powered up IMP today, seems to download a few times, ran the rel test code and got “0e967a4” does this means I have 25.2 now?
Thks,
Ken

Wed Jul 24 2013 13:36:58 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time): Power state: offline=>online
Wed Jul 24 2013 13:36:58 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time): Downloading new code
Wed Jul 24 2013 13:37:07 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time): Power state: online=>offline
Wed Jul 24 2013 13:39:17 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time): imp OS upgraded
Wed Jul 24 2013 13:39:17 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time): Power state: offline=>online
Wed Jul 24 2013 13:39:17 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time): Downloading new code
Wed Jul 24 2013 13:39:18 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time): Downloading new code
Wed Jul 24 2013 13:41:13 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time): Switched to model "rel25_test"
Wed Jul 24 2013 13:42:49 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time): Downloading new code
Wed Jul 24 2013 13:42:50 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time): 0e967a4 - Fri Jul 19 10:04:28 2013

When I power off the imp, the server log no longer shows the imp being offline…same when I power it on again, it does not show online, but it works ok; is this correct?

Yes, you have 25.2.

If you power off the imp (without a server.disconnect or server.sleepuntil/for) then the server will not mark you offline until you’ve missed a server ping. This can take up to 10 minutes - an idle TCP connection is identical to a device that’s just vanished, it’s only when you try to talk to the device can you determine that it’s gone away.

This is how imps have always behaved.

Is it possible to put in the wiki and forum the return value from imp.getsoftwareversion() for a the release impOS: 0e967a4 - Fri Jul 19 10:04:28 2013

Thanks

@controlCloud - that’s a good idea. I’ll see about collecting all the information needed to make a release # -> release tag table.

How do you go about running your program on local? I.e. WiFi Less*
Code you be more specific, i understand that you need prior access to the internet to load download the code. What do I do after that? @Hugo

i.e. to say execute the file offline.
I tried to disconnect server.disconnect () the Imp, however it code does not work during that period of time. I understand that in release 23, the electric imp was supposed to be capable of working offline. Help me out here

@hugo

The code does run when you do a disconnect, but any (eg) server.log call will bring the link up again. You can only tell it’s working by the IOs on the imp.