RE: Agent Restarted; Reload

Hello…

My Imp001 with the April Board is not producing well enough for me to keep things ongoing, i.e. the green blink of the Imp001 does not last. I get the device code, “Agent Restarted; Reload.”

Sincerely,

Seth

P.S. If you have time, please reply. I think I have had all the bases covered but there may be something I am missing when trying the code for the LED blink with breadboard.

Got it! I will keep trying.

Sincerely,

Seth

The green blink indicates that the imp001 is connected, so that’s good. It will turn off after a short time to conserve power. But don’t worry, the imp001 is still connected.

You will usually see “Agent Restarted; Reload” when the agent restarts after you have updated its code, or there is an error in your agent code which is causing the agent to restart. Look for error messages in the log.

Hello…I checked. I code is great. It told me that the code is okay. I got the code from the electricimp.com/docs site.

But, the problem still persists, the code does nothing. It did not light up the LED like described.

I guess it is my set up. I will keep trying.

Sincerely,

Seth

P.S. Thank you for that information.

Which code are you using? And when you say the LED doesn’t light up, do you mean the LED on the breadboard or on the imp001 itself? (I may have misunderstood earlier which one you meant)

Is this the code you’re using: https://electricimp.com/docs/gettingstarted/helloworld/?

Yes sir…that is the code I am using. The LED on the breadboard does not light up. The Imp lights up fine and saves energy, like you told me, by turned off the light.

Sincerely,

Seth

OK. Sorry - I did misunderstand which LED you meant. In this case, check your wiring, in particular that you have the LED’s pins the right way round: the longer of its two pins should connect to the imp001’s pin 9 (via the 330Ω resistor) and not the other way round.