Open Beta

We are happy to announce that we are opening up the Agent and IDE beta to everyone who would like to join (with the intent of making it the default in the nearish future).

If you would like to participate in the beta, please fill out this form, and we will add you to the beta within 24-48 hours.

We encourage you take a few minutes to get familiar with some of the new functionality:

The new IDE is based on the ACE editor (the same code editor used by GitHub). All of the ACE Editor keyboard shortcuts are available in the Electric Imp IDE.

If you have feedback about the beta, please email <a href="mailto:dev-team@electricimp.com>dev-team@electricimp.com.

Happy Coding!

Matt Haines
Developer Relations Manager
Electric Imp

Thanks e.imp team the new open beta IDE is dead sweet :slight_smile:

It’s now even more open, see http://blog.electricimp.com/post/60480438535/electric-imp-announces-open-beta-for-agents-and-new-ide

You can enable the new IDE with a checkbox in your account page.

Yep, I like the white.

Every message is double in the Log. How do I fix this?

Refresh your browser… its a known bug in the current release.

Just switched over to the beta IDE, absolutely loving it!

I see a build number that’s autoincremented every time I “Build and Run”. Is there or will there be versioning? Any way to roll back?

Also, I can’t find any way to view the Device or Agent code for Inactive Models. A couple times now I’ve wanted to grab a snippet or function that was in an Inactive Model, and the only way I could figure out how to get it was temporarily assign it to an Impee, copy the code, and then swap back. Not a problem currently, but if I didn’t have spare Imps/Impees…

Keep up the fantastic work!

Cheers,
Ken

The old versions are saved, and yes there will be a way to roll back - it’s just not in the UI yet. The problem with not being able to view inactive models is noted! It’s something I’ve wanted before for the same reason as you…

Really like the new IDE!

Looking forward seeing roll back implemented.

cheers, Moose

I would really really love to have iPad support, this new IDE is completely unusable on an iPad. The previous one was pretty bad but this is a whole lot worse. Really think this is something that will be needed ultimately. It would be nice to be able to at least look at my code on an iPad, but unfortunately there is no way I could find to scroll. Often need to make minor tweaks and it would be great if I could do this on any mobile device.

Any way to change the default font size, it’s a tad small for my aging eyes.

There were previously issues with zoom at one point, but have you tried browser zoom? (on a mac that’s command-plus)

@ChrisRusty - Here is a super Stylish (Chrome, Firefox) style that you can use to change the font size.

Chrome
`#agent-editor, #device-editor, #log p {
font-size: 16px;
}

#ide-container .pane-title {
font-size: 14px;
}`

Firefox
`@-moz-document url-prefix(“https://ide.electricimp.com”) {
#agent-editor, #device-editor, #log p {
font-size: 16px;
}