Hello World not working

I got my new imp today! Yay! :slight_smile: Anyway… I got the usb working on the spark board and went through the blink-up. I got the green light and my imp showed up as “Blank” in the planner. I put in the code…

`
// Hello World example code

// Register with the server
imp.configure(“Hello World Program”, [], []);

// Display our important message
server.show(“Hello, World!”);

// End of code.
`

I see no logs and the impee in the planner does not change from “Blank”. Clicking on the settings for the impee shows that it has HelloWorld set as it’s code. Any idea what could be wrong?

I created another duplicate code snippet and when I switched to the new one everything worked. Everything worked when I switched back to the original as well. Seems you may have an issue with first selection when there is only one item in the list.

Hello kwigbo thanks for the help the same happend with me thanks to you now it works

Same here! Thanks

So frustrating. my hello world(s) do not show in planner!! what is going on?

Alright, for me the suggestion above worked. Seriously though, since this is the very first thing you do when getting used to an Imp, you’d think they’d smash that bug immediately.

The old IDE is shortly to be removed, which is why the bug hasn’t been addressed. Problem is, the launch date keeps moving out which makes it more embarrassing that we have not fixed this old bug :expressionless:

There’s a large note in the getting started guide about it, though.

Will see what we can do…