Download code from IDE for safe keeping and version history

It would be nice to have a function to call to enable a user to download the agent.nut and device.nut code to a file for local offline storage. If the file were automatically named something like the + + “.txt”, that should prove to be a unique file name. I find myself frequently copying the code for both sides and pasting them into a text file for storage on my local drive. Version control would be nice, too, but I’d start with the above if I could only pick one.

Please. Some sort of versioning.

We’re currently storing all the builds (i.e. if you are on build 93 of a model, we have builds 1-93 stored), and should have functionality to easily revert your code to older builds ready quite soon.

Great answer. Thank you.

Greg

Looking forward to this feature!

and should have functionality to easily revert your code to older builds ready quite soon.
hmm...
Looking forward to this feature!
me too! (for a very long time now... :(( )

I see Historical version retrieval feature available now, not sure exactly when this was deployed but seems quite recent - excellent! Thank you!

@Jkp - it went out last week. Here’s a quick blog post we wrote about it when we deployed the feature:

http://blog.electricimp.com/post/84939073325/new-revert-feature-highlights-imp-ide-update

Sweet!!! Thanks!