Device code not updating

I’m playing around with device code examples. I’ve successfully uploaded the ‘blink’ example to my Imp.
But now I’m running into a problem: new code is not sent to the Imp. After typing new code and pressing ‘build’ I get: ‘Code successfully updated’. But nothing happens. How do you force new code to be sent to the device?

From my experience, you need to select the imp in the left hand menu (under the code model) so that the server log window is displayed under the code. Then the button is labelled “build and run”, and it does what it says on the tin.

Good luck!

DrJack is spot on - you likely just need to select your device. You can select your device with the “Devices” drop down:

Thanks for your answer. Selecting the device does help to bring up the log window and the “build and run” button again. It now says that my device is online and the agent is offline. (which is OK, since I am only using device code from the ‘blink’ example).
Still, when I press “build and run” nothing happens. According to the ‘blink’ example, the log window should display :
[Status] Downloading new code
[Status] Device configured to be "Hello World"
but this is not happening… :frowning:

After a while the log window displays:
2014-06-04 14:05:26 UTC+2 [Status] Device disconnected; 0 bytes sent, 0 received, 0 total

I am experiencing something similar today. I have code that has been working (albeit brokenly) on my imp that is not downloading today.

2014-06-04 08:10:01 UTC-4 [Status] Device disconnected; 469 bytes sent, 0 received, 469 total
2014-06-04 08:10:33 UTC-4 [Status] Device disconnected; 0 bytes sent, 0 received, 0 total
2014-06-04 08:12:33 UTC-4 [Status] Device disconnected; 0 bytes sent, 0 received, 0 total
2014-06-04 08:13:06 UTC-4 [Status] Device disconnected; 0 bytes sent, 0 received, 0 total
2014-06-04 08:13:22 UTC-4 [Status] Device disconnected; 0 bytes sent, 0 received, 0 total

Update: I have inserted this log code in the blink example, to see if the code is running or not. See below my entire blink code. The IDE says my code is running, but the log window does not display anything, nor is the led blinking.

my code:
`led <- hardware.pin1;
led.configure(DIGITAL_OUT);
state <- 0;

function blink() {
state = 1-state;
led.write(state);

// log a message in the log window??
server.log(“Blinky blink”);

imp.wakeup(0.5, blink);
}
blink();`

EDIT

Out of the blue, the code started running. Can this be a electricimp server hiccup?

What time did things start working, and what mac address? I can dig in the logs and see what happened…