Blink up completes but can not connect

I had a IMP001 that I have not had powered for a few months. I completed blinkup to DSL modem and it completed a firmware update and now it will only flash red then amber.

Yes, and we’ve asked about your network configuration. The logs you show indicate that the device is getting an IP address, but your configuration is unusual:

• we don’t see any outbound connections to our cloud
  • we see some attacker trying to scan ports on the imp, which implies that you have set the device up in a DMZ or with port forwarding enabled (neither of which are required for the imp).

Are you seeing ANY outbound traffic from the imp’s IP address (blocked or otherwise?)

I reset DSL modem back to default. I see that the IMP gets a IP address but I do not see any traffic connected with that IP in the security log.

I can’t see it as having connected since the 16th. The imp must be ok because it works with your hotspot, though.

On a device connected to the router, can you try this:

telnet imp.electricimp.com 31314

…and take a screengrab of what happens? If this hangs without showing a connected message then your router (or ISP) is blocking the imp’s port.

no connected message on DSL or my phone hotspot network.

The IMP did complete a software update thru DSL modem this morning. I saw it in logging window and now it is not showing it.

What you see depends on windows/mac etc. The blank screen indicates it has connected. What’s the one where you just see the command? (telnet1.jpg)?

telnet1.jpg is the command I started with before hitting enter.
telnet2.jpg stayed there for about 20 seconds.
telnet3.jpg was what it ended with.

Well, that implies that DNS and TCP routing is ok, but doesn’t explain why your imp isn’t connecting. What code did you last have associated to it (when it was connected via hotspot)? Can you connect via hotspot, run some blank code, then blinkup again to your DSL?

I connected thru Verizon phone hotspot and cleared IMP program. Completed blinkup with DSL connection and got a green flash after DSL blinkup complete but then it will not connect. Tried it a few times with the same bad result.

One other thing I notice is that when I blinkup another IMP card the model doesn’t change. Always goes online with first model.

That is correct. The model is associated with the board the imp is plugged into, not the imp itself. This allows you move imps around and devices always get the right code.

Which model of westell DSL modem?

Model A90-750044-07.

Getting one from eBay to see if we can replicate the issue…

Any new information on this issue?

It’s sitting by my desk but have not tried it yet. Will see what I can do, though without a DSL line it’s a bit hard (can only really check association & DHCP)

No, you can’t (but given we’ve not had other reports from customers with problems after they upgraded to 32, I doubt it’s impOS version related)

Can I load older firmware and see if it is a firmware update issue?

I had 4 units that updated firmware thru DSL modem and now I can not connect thru DSL modem.

…and what are they flashing now when you power them up?