Agents restart

Should an agent restart every time the ‘Run’ button is hit in the IDE?

For the past hour or so I’ve found that when I hit ‘Run’ only my device restarts.
The agent appears completely dead, doesn’t respond to http anymore either.

Toby

Yes, the agent should restart. Currently we are looking at a production issue with agents. I’ll let you know when things clear up.

Things should be working now. Please let me know if you see further issues.

Thanks aloharich,
Seems to have restored to previous functionality now.
Many thanks,
Toby

I’m having the same issue again:

Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:13:08 GMT: Downloading new code
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:13:08 GMT: Device started
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:13:21 GMT: Device booting
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:13:21 GMT: Device started
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:14:30 GMT: Device booting
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:14:30 GMT: Device started
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:17:08 GMT: Device booting
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:17:08 GMT: Device started

I’m wondering whether it’s related to the ‘Downloading new code’ i.e. invoking a new Model, or whether that’s just a coincidence?

Toby

I am using curl to POST to my imp and getting timeout, maybe there is a server problem Toby?

I’m having issues today too. I’ve created a brand new model and copied in some existing (and known to be working) agent code. There are several log messages that the agent should show on boot and none of them are appearing.

I think it’s my fault - I did something that caused my agent to repeatedly restart.
I had an email from Peter to that effect, so I think it’s a case of holding off until the problem is resolved.
Sorry for holding anybody’s progress up,
Toby

It turns out Toby is really good at finding bugs in agents. For a while he had the agent daemon very upset, though things should be fine now (device<>agent blob transfers no longer go bang).

All - If you have issues that are blocking you, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be on it asap; I didn’t get to the forum until now because I’ve been deep in email and tickets :slight_smile:

This is all working really nicely now, thanks Hugo & Peter.
I can send 4kB blobs from my agent to my device no problem :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

One thing I notice (for others that may be seeing this too) is that you’ll have to convert all your device side server.show(…) calls to server.log(…) as they won’t show up in the log otherwise.

Toby

What would the exact syntax look like to make the following call:

curl -d “0” https://agent.electricimp.com/Pwfxg/AeRm63