MessageManager released

Hello All,

We just announced recent release of MessageManager, a significant improvement over Bullwinkle, its predecessor: http://blog.electricimp.com/post/158487090255/library-messagemanager.

The library is designed for asynchronous bi-directional communication between devices and their cloud-hosted agents. Please feel free to use MessageManager in your projects. Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pavel

Comments

• edited March 27
    Just tried out example given at bottom of page. The agent response (i.e. server.log("message received: " + data);) was not quite what I was expecting in that it spits out a table rather than just the counter value, as you would get if using agent.send method from device side. Maybe a silly question but what's the cleanest way of grabbing the actual value on the agent side when getting data from "mm.on".

UPDATE: ok a bit of testing, using foreach(key,value in data), revealed the answer... use data.id... sorry with data flooding at me every second from example I missed seeing the answer before posting original message.

Maybe as a suggestion for documentation purposes it would be worthing noting what's contained in this table.